Sunday, December 19, 2010

Easy Greek Cucumber Sauce

What do you do with all those cucumbers?

How many pickles can you eat?

Well actually quite a few, but the jars and process is not fully in the budget. I found a recipe, as I have found many at this site https://www.allrecipes.com and I made a few adjustments and served it on lamb burgers with mint, onion and garlic added to the patty ( additions are to taste and minced ). All additions were grown in my garden. If the lamb wasn't so cute I would be raising him for meat too!

1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 small cucumber - peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
1 small onion, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 - 1 tsp lemon juice

stir together and serve.

This is also wonderful on pita bread, with hummus, grilled chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment