Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Let's Say Thanks


If only life was as simple as this! my family and i simply do not say thank you enough; apparently we are not alone, I turned on the news the other day and there was a segment on thank you notes, woman's day magazine november 2010 issue included this....

thanksometer.com - started as a way to highlight nice things people do for each other every day, this site allows visitors to anonymously thank friends or relatives for a kind gesture - or simply get inspired by other's stories. a drop down menu prompts you to thank someone by choosing more thank 50 options (including "for being courteous" or "for a job well done") or writing in your own reason. then, check off how it made you feel and share your full story. you can also sign up to receive weekly email with a featured story of gratitude from the site's submissions or plucked from the news.

graceinsmallthings.com - this site encourages members to list five things they're grateful for every day. to get started, gist lets you create your own blog to chronicle this 365 day journey. not a wordsmith? you can also upload photos and videos - of that sanity saving weekend vacation you just took or your new puppy, for example. interact with other members by reading and commenting on their blogs, or join one of the groups hosted by the site (such as "knitting in small things" or "the great midwest"), which aim to bring members together through shared interests and backgrounds.

facebook.com/aogp.org - set up to function like a online gratitude journal, the attitude of gratitude project encourages members to answer the question "what are you grateful for today". browse the responses daily and add you own. growing steadily since 2009, the facebook page is now 13,000 fans strong and also features information on upcoming gratitude get togethers, where members can interact face to face and listen to guest speakers discuss living more gratefully. what's more, aogp recently started a namesake nonprofit organization which donates to various charities.

i pledge to enter a thank you every day and i pledge that my children will join me. at bare minimum i will have 2 followers, just kidding!


mom - 1/26/11

I am thankful for my family and friends
I am thankful for my animals and the pleasure they bring
I am thankful for my job - its not the best job - but i don't work nights & w/e's & most of all its a job


10 comments:

  1. i am grateful for my big fat cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for every other day that I live on Earth with family and friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for my apartment which allows me to have parties with my fantastic friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for my friendship with Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful to be returning to work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful that I worked at Marden's, I met some wonderful friends there! Including Julie!

    ReplyDelete